Monday, March 4, 2013

Molten lava cake


My friend’s 2 year old son had just learned the Happy Birthday song. He always burst into the song when he sees cake. My husband’s (he calls him kaku) birthday was coming up.  He wanted to sing the happy birthday song in presence of a cake for his kaku. The opportune day came and I started to look into my refrigerator on what should I make for desert.  I also wanted to clean up my refrigerator as I would be leaving for an extended time on vacation.  I wanted to make falooda- but my husband hates it when I ask him to go to the market for one product.  I opened my refrigerator and was able to find among other things- half a gallon of milk, 2 eggs.  I thought of making rice kheer, but it would take a long time with continuous stirring.  Just then I recollected having seen a lava cake recipe in www.Showmethecurry.com




Ingredients:
4 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
1 Tbs Butter (Room temperature)
2 Eggs (Room temperature)
1/3 cup Sugar
1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
Butter – for greasing ramekins

Preparation:

In a double boiler, melt chocolate.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat Eggs and Sugar until light and fluffy.
Once chocolate is melted, remove pan from heat and add in butter. Mix until the butter melts fully.
Add chocolate/butter mixture into the eggs, add all-purpose flour and mix until well incorporated.
Butter bottom and sides of ramekins (small glass/porcelain bowls) and pour in mixture about 3/4 way full.
Place ramekins on a baking tray and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 – 15 minutes.
Serve hot with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment